|"Rejoice in the Lord always
What is Prayer?
Prayer is the most important activity of our lives. It's a personal conversation between you and God.
You need to know how to pray.
Jesus tells us how to pray in Matthew 6: 5-15:
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and
on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But
when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your
Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling
like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them for your
Father knows what you need before you ask him.
"This, then, is how you should pray:
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one."
1. When you pray, address God as your Heavenly Father .
2. Give God thanks for all He has done for you and praise Him for who He is.
3. Remember to pray according to God's will. His will is found in His "Word". The sciptures tell of the
promises of God and His willingness to answer our prayers.
4. Ask Him to forgive you of your sins and cleanse you from all unrighteousness while your forgive
anyone who has wronged you.
5. Thank Him for delivering you from your troubles and for answering your requests.
6. Always pray in Jesus' name, because He is the one who sacrificed Himself for us and interceeds
on our behalf. Even better, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God.
How to pray to God our father. God teaches us how to pray. Learn the Bible way to pray. How to pray in faith believing God's promises. How
Jesus taught us to pray. That's how to pray. But, it's just a guideline. Praying is talking to God about anything that concerns you.